Proposed wards and iccu – Sunderland Royal Hospital
The Sunderland Royal Hospital is adding an additional three 40 bed modular wards, an 18 bed modular integrated critical care unit and new offices and storage facilities. These additions will all be to the BREEAM Healthcare excellent rating. The new design will help fight infections and give better facilities for patients, staff and visitors.
The exceptional new ICCU (Integrated Critical Care Unit) is utilising cutting-edge technology that will make this ICCU one of the best nationally. The ICCU cares for about 1,200 patients a year offering both intensive care and high dependency, for those who need a high level of nursing care.
Proposed Ward and ICCU
City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
- Delivery of 120 additional “in patient” beds
- Provision of ‘state of the art’ integrated critical care unit
- Meeting the timeframe set under this aspiring fast-track project
- Achieving BREEAM Healthcare excellent rating
Derrick Kershaw Partnership
- Project Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- CDM Co-ordinator
- Sunderland ICCU (PDF | 292kB)